Thursday, March 19, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM

Dearest Sam, March 20th, ABKHAZIA,

Never a more cherished gift than you, when you came on this first day of spring, so tender and tiny and treasured. Never a more blessed beginning than the sweet days of March, the 88th year of last century.
But today the gift you bring is even more cherished, because the little soul who came to bless my life that beautiful spring day, whom I didn't know, is now a man I know well, who will forever bless my life, and those of so many others.
I am mother. You are son. Whatever, whereever, however we live our lives, these simple stones of truth are ours. And however our lives diverge, we meet in the meadow of mothers and sons, frolicking in wonder and blessedness.
I am happy for your journey. Yesterdays and tomorrows. YetI celebrate not the past nor the future, but this moment. Becuase, in truth, that's all that matters. And in this moment, I know of no more wonderful truth than that I love you.
I carry your bravado and your tenderness with in my journeys. I will use them to protect and to open my heart to others. I carry your wisdon, that of a 21 year old man, bold and brave, going into the world seeking , exploring, making a path only ONE can trod. I carry your anticipation of the unknown, the delicious destiny that is just out there, beyond your sight, my sight.

I don't give you words of advice this day of your manhood. I receive all of what I have given you, I take it into my soul, and let it bless me as I know it has blessed you.

1 comment:

  1. HI Genie, Alan and I have just meandered through all your musings. Very interesting. I have wondered how things are going. Forgot that I actually had to go to "THE BLOG..." a bit of a stretch for me so far since it's definitely a new thing! Will try to write something of interest at a later date. Just wanted to say "hi," continued blessings on your adventures and keep writing!! Love from Deanne and Alan

    ReplyDelete