Monday, April 20, 2009

Just call me Sherlock

Ah HA!!!!!! The mystery of the bedbugs is unfolding.
Every 10 days or so the housecleaner (yep, a cook and a cleaner) changes the cover of my terrorist comforter.
For 2 or 3 days after that I itch. Here is my theory:

I itch because the Abkhazian bedbugs are disturbed, agitated, pissed and perhaps energized when the cover on the comforter is changed. I surmise, being a great detective, that they creep out of the comforter into the new cover and attack! Yep, hide and attack......happens every 10 days or so.
Guess bedbugs, just like most people, hate change, and when it happens they get downright nasty.

So, do I ask the house cleaner to foreget about changing the cover? Do I just put up with a few days of itching, and let the little buggers finally go back to hiding until the next change and attack?
Or, do I quit wasting your time and mine talking about this stuff?
I vote for the last idea.

g

ps - two days later - I found another comforter in the other house and I am going to try it for a while - wish me well -
the other pastures are always greener, i guess the other comforters are always softer (and less buggie).................

1 comment:

  1. hi - i looked up some info on wikipedia and it says that they feed about every week to 10 days and bite exposed skin. And they sense heat and carbon dioxide. It said to to keep bedding from touching the floor. They listed a technique of putting the bed legs in tin cans with a thick layer of vaseline on the bottom- apparently they can't cross that. Ugh- hope something works soon!

    ReplyDelete